The forerunner of Oil City Iron Works, Inc. was established in 1866 on its present site as a small machine shop and foundry. The early products of the company consisted primarily of parts for cotton gins, brick presses and castings for the building industry. By 1960, Oil City Iron Works, Inc. had become a pioneer in this area introducing and developing certain applications for ductile iron.
Since 1985, Oil City Iron Works has expanded significantly and has diversified its products into lines such as valves, pumps, power generation, gas turbine and compression parts, mining equipment, as well as general oilfield equipment. Oil City Iron Works, Inc. is a 100% jobbing shop, with numerous add on services including Machining, Coatings, Heat Treatment, QA Testing, and more, all “Made in the USA” with over 8,000 active patterns.